Thursday, January 21, 2010

Most of it's about Dashboard Confessional. I don't think I've ever lisened to one of his songs.

If there is a fire in the stairwell do I use the elevator? Or are stairwells fireproof? What is plan B?? TELL ME!!!

Avatar.
Oh man. What an amazing movie. Completely. Sure, it's just a big dumb action movie with some awful dialogue and the worst English word of all time, 'Unobtanium' (even typing it makes me feel dirty). But what a big dumb action movie. The 3D aspect makes it required cinema viewing. I still find 3D kind of lame and annoying, like when a gun or spear is waved in your face, but the depth it adds to shots of Pandora is stunning. And the floaties (bugs, seeds, etc) are so well done. Giovanni Ribisi and Michelle Rodriguez both play their standard characters well, as usual. Sam Worthington is solid and Stephen Lang is effectively, douchily irritating. Massive respect to Zoe Saldana for making Neytiri completely and awkwardly hot. And to the writers for not making Tsu'tey (Laz Alonso) the pain-in-the-ass character he so could of been.
And as for all the criticism. Shut up. You people are annoying and have little or no valid points about anything. Stop looking for things that are not there assholes.

Theophilus London.
Kid is good. Really good. Nice flow and delivery.
Humdrum Town (just try get it out of your head. Man)
JAM! mixtape (cause I like it better than This Charming Mixtape)

The Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
Until Wikipedia ruined it for me this was the most original take on the shipwrecked/castaway/lost at sea story you've heard so many times before. It's still one of my favourite books of recent times though. Read it.

How I Met Your Mother.
Still awesome and not appreciated nearly enough.
"...stuck in my head like a Chumbawamba song."
"Which Chumbawamba song?"

The Hilltop Hoods have a market outside of Australia? No way. Touring Canada now.

No comments: