Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Have trigger, will shoot. Anything. ANYTHING.

DAY TWENTY-EIGHT, June 6, 27.2 Miles
At mile 498.8
Cold. Unbelievably so. Barely got above 12C all day. I want my 40C days damnit. The morning was all foggy and drizzly enough to keep me all moist. Had lunch at Red Carpet, another wasted cache thanks to me not needing to drink (I still have a couple of litres from Auga). It cleared a little in the afternoon, I even cast a shadow. But the temperature still stayed so so low. Still in the mountains, but can see the glorious desert floor where I'm sure I'll end up wanting cold at some point. Ben and Paul caught up after an interesting evening at Casa De Luna (another trail angel place), so I'm camped with them, Todd, Monologue and a bunch of weekend camping folk. Felt like a short day, but was most certainly not. I was tired and very lethargic all day for whatever reason. This is about where some hikers apparently were stalked by a Mountain Lion about a week ago. Yes.

No comments: