Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Worst you got?

DAY TWENTY-ONE, May 30, 14.5 Miles
At mile 384
Had a stellar breakfast with Gantz and Shadow. Huge. Ray took us to the trail head, I caught Todd after about ten minutes, good timing, hadn't seen him since I left Big Bear. Had a big, switchbacky climb, 3000ft, to the summit of Baden-Powell which was really nice, if it had been a clearer day the views would have been very impressive. Being a Saturday and being fairly close to LA it was super busy which I actually kind of enjoy. It started to rain(?), then hail, then rained again for the next couple of hours, fairly big storm to the north by the looks of it. Rain is nice for a change, but a pain all the same. Decided to stop early and camp at Little Jimmy, "notorious" for bears. Yes. And it decided to stop raining anyway. Nice to cook with others in daylight rather than alone in the dark. Loads of scout groups about. The rain has turned all the dust on me and my pack to mud. Joy.

1 comment:

Dr Dave T(hurlow) said...

MMMmmmm yeah, You are making me severley jealous... Your journey sounds quite splendid.