Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I walked there, and could have walked back. What's your reason?

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN, June 5, 17.2 Miles
At mile 471.6
So my bounce box never showed up. Pain. No Guidebook or maps till at least Kennedy Meadows, shall be interesting, all I have is the water report and section overview map. Hopefully the box shows up sometime soon and it gets bounced to Kennedy before I get there, no idea what I'll do if it isn't. Todd and me finally left Hiker Heaven at around 1pm, after what ended up being a little more than three full days. Definitely going to miss that place. And the Pizza place in town. It started to rain about 3pm and, of course, as we climbed the wind got stronger. Then it really started to rain. Had to be below zero with the wind chill, and the fact I was wet, hello hypothermia. Southern California? Fortunately we topped a ridge and it was almost eerily calm going down the other side. Made it to the completely amazing Hikers Oasis cache in good time. Actually the 17 miles went by so fast. Nice to hang out with cold beer and soda, despite it barely being 10C. Joy.

No comments: