Thursday, June 4, 2009

I don't even need an excuse, besides, I get a discount.

DAY TWENTY-SIX, June 4, 0 Miles
At mile 454.4
So Todd and myself decided to hang around another day. Most of the folk who arrived yesterday are zeroing today, and we want to see what's going on with Bluebird. If nothing else, my bounce box is yet to arrive, and I really need that. Somewhat concerning. A bunch of us got a ride to REI with Kary, who helps out the Saufleys, she's totally great. I'm tearing through my socks so I've now got four new pairs and two old ones in my bounce box. Except I don't have my bounce box. Far out. I'm going to wait around for the mail to arrive tomorrow, see if it doesn't arrive. So three days at Hiker Heaven. It really has been so much fun here. And it's heaps more relaxed than when the herd came through a couple of weeks ago, they've had as many as twenty hikers arrive at once. It would be rather intense I imagine. Watched some movies, pizza again. Good times.