Monday, September 6, 2010

But that was forever ago.

Day SeventyOne, August 27, 7 Miles
At Mile 1434, Poptart 500!!!!/1000
Back to Safeway, careful not to make any sudden movements. Cursed Lemonade!! Ruined me. Not enough to keep me away from the Pizza Hut Buffet though. Ate good and watched Hawkeye and Joker get hyper-competitive on "Extreme Hunter". Carrying out beer, pack is heavy. The good kind of heavy. Thanks to the Ski Haus for fronting me a replacement therm-a-rest. I can sleep in comfort and not on a lump again. Couple miles on super busy Highway 40, then onto quiet 14 till tomorrow morning sometime. Finally found some publicly available roadside flatness to camp on (unknown to us at the time, camping was prohibited there, along with all activities aside from day hunting, can't hike but you can shoot shit). Enjoyed my 500th and a PBR. Magical. Cows moo, Coyotes howl.
This happened weeks ago. I can't really remember much.

No comments: