Sunday, September 12, 2010

I swear that was not planned.

Day SeventyNine, September 4, 18 Miles
At Mile 1600!!! Poptart 576/1000
It's amazing how great sleep can be without obnoxious light lighting up your life every half hour. Got to Silverthorne nice and quick, had a good breakfast and saw Myke and Naomi. Silverthorne is a pretty cool town with everything we need and the trail goes straight on through. Awesome. Hawkeye's been talking up Chipotle Mexican for a long time and Silverthorne has one. So we did. And it was pretty special. The burritos there weigh more than Van Peski's pack and are deliciously excellent.
Hawkeye, Kombucha and Joker are walking the bikepath shortcut, I've taken the trail, we shall reunite in Leadville. So I'm on my ownsome for the first time since NoMo. Busy dayhikery type trail, yet I still managed to get off trail twice 'cause I don't look at my maps and have no guidebook at present. This is what happens when I'm on my own. As usual, when 'misplaced' I just walk in the 'right direction' until I find my trail. Sixty percent of the time it works, every time. Chatted with folk, found out about the earthquake in Christchurch and ate delicious Blueberries. Ended up being a very easy 3200ft climb up to a pass I can't remember and a quick jaunt down to the valley floor. Camped way earlier than usual but I have nowhere to be...

No comments: