Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sometimes, when perfection surprises. Slurp.

Day EightyTwo, September 7th, 19 Miles
At Mile 1650, Poptart 596
Ate breakfast with Myke, Naomi and Tock before sewing on a flame orange patch to the ragged shoulder of my shirt. Things are falling apart. Like my pack. 1000 more miles kid, thats all. Saw Whitefish and Pace in town which was awesome, haven't seen them since Lincoln. Actually, that was right after some drunk guy was telling me about how he's a pro-golfer (he did not look the part but who am I to say anything right?) who spends his time between Leadville and Palm Springs before announcing he was "Off to drink some beer" 2-for-a-dolla at 10am can't be wrong eh?
Back on trail at middaythirty. More thanks to St. Jugs Naomi. Finally a cooler on trail, guess the PCT really does spoil you. But thanks to the Leadville Hostel for the DrP. Myke had warned that the miles would not come easy between Tennessee Pass and Twin Lakes. He was right, six hours for 13 miles what? It's easy hiking just long miles. Got about the best Huckleberries yet though. Made the most of my 6pm haul tonight and hiked a fast couple hours till dark which is a little before 8pm these days. Not sure why, but I generally feel lethargic most of the morning, a little better after lunch but once 6pm rolls along I could run for hours. It's nice. Saw my first Elk since hunting season began. Clouds eventually gave their rain as I got into my tarp, which I do appreciate.

No comments: