Sunday, September 12, 2010

Plays over and over in my head.

Day Eighty, September 5, 26 Miles
At Mile 1626, Poptart 588/1000
Down past a slew of dayhikers and their dogs to the sounds of a band sound checking? Huh... Copper Mountain is a big Colorado holier-than-thou ski-and-golf-resort. Hung out a couple hours and found the Colorado Trail about midday (turns out I was lucky not to be 'asked to leave' the golf course as I wandered through it looking for trail, others were not so). Much of the CDT for the rest of the state is also the Colorado Trail, which means generally good tread and a marker post every two metres. Have not walked on well marked trail since the GDB in Wyoming. It's nice. I can't get misplaced. Unless...
Mountain Bikers screaming down and past me I went up and over Searle Pass, down past an old army barracks and set up an early camp in a miserable, lonely spot. It wasn't that bad really but I feel shite so yeah.

No comments: