Thursday, September 17, 2009

He drove past, looking hard as he could. And I believed it. He was listening to Lou Bega.

DAY ONE-EIGHTEEN, September 4, 19.4 Miles
at mile 2574.1
Apparently I did something to my knee yesterday, jumping over a tree I guess. It hurts a wee bit. Downhill all the way to Stehekin Road, dang. Stehekin is pretty great, you can only get here by foot (and a shuttle bus takes you the remaining 11 miles to town) or ferry on Lake Chelan, or fly I guess. It has a cool, isolated feel and the best Bakery on trail. I have a ride to Seattle from Hart's Pass. This means I don't have to walk all the way back here, it works. Let me explain, the trail ends on the border, there is nothing there (no border security or official crossing), most hikers continue to finish in Manning Park, 8 miles north, in Canada. The nearest civilisation. Entering Canada affects my Visas, it's complicated and probably unnecessary, but makes sense to me, I'm not going to 'officially' enter Canada. I was going to hike back South to Stehekin after I'm done, Hart's Pass saves me 50 miles and is a sure ride. Of course.

No comments: