Monday, September 28, 2009

In the convenient form of point.

Things I have discovered since the PCT:
  • I actually had to get used to sleeping in a bed again.
  • Dane Cook is horrible. Why do you like him? He is not funny. America, again, why?
  • Amtrak is only marginally better than Indian Railways. No, actually. But at least I could lay down in an Indian train. 45 hours Portland to Chicago. Montana is big.
  • Hot Dog eating contests are easy to win if you're even remotely serious about it. Yes. Hats off to you Bergan.
  • Cornfield America is everything I wanted it to be. Hello Wal-Mart.
  • You're not allowed to wear shorts before 1630? Laugh.
  • Jocks are real people.
  • The Office (American) has grown on me a lot. But I still hold faithful to Gervais, despite Jenna Fischer.
  • There is also French Canadian version of The Office. I. Know.
  • Michigan's Upper Peninsula is pretty special.
  • Breaking your jaw would suck. Sorry Paul.
  • I still, still look the wrong way before/whilst crossing the road.
  • Seattle is amazing. But it smells like oil. Chicago smells like fart.
  • American cities are rather difficult to get lost in. Numbered streets are a way of life. Sydney, take note.
  • I have developed a curious alley preference.
  • Stairs. Always...
  • Selena Gomez was one of the Barney kids.
  • Zombieland! New number one in my "Zombie Movie Death" list.
  • Pulling two random words out of a hat leads to some of mankind's proudest moments. Example one: Blanket. Sleeves. http://www.theslanket.com/ Example two: Burger. Grilledcheese. http://www.thefoodabides.com/2009/09/vortex-double-coronary-bypass.html
  • The US Dollar hates me. And I hate it.
  • I'm probably going to walk the Continental Divide Trail next year.

1 comment:

TFA said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout-out to thefoodabides.com . That Double Coronary burger is nuts!