Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hey, remember when Shannon Noll wanted to fight Wil Anderson?

DAY ONE-SIXTEEN, September 2, 32.2 Miles
At mile 2532.4
Plenty of Washington ups and downs but was well worth it. The view from Red Pass is pretty special, the North Cascades and south all the way back to a ghostly Rainier. Blue skies all day and very quiet in these parts. The trail has been re-cut and bridges replaced through some sections, the hard stuff is supposed to come tomorrow but I only need to do 20ish miles. No problem. Ended the day up and over Fire Pass as the sun was setting. Exactly. Camped below Mica Lake in a meadow filled with Blueberries. That's asking for Bear and con-den-say-shon problems but I am a man. When I say that all I do out here is sleep, eat and hike, I'm not even exaggerating a little bit (so how does he journal???). Magic.

No comments: