Friday, September 25, 2009

The jingles of bells and Grizzley Bear.

DAY ONE-TWENTYTWO, September 8, 7.9 Miles
At mile 2663.5
Canada greeted me with blue skies and sunshine, first nice morning in quite a while. Eight bland, Canadian miles to the end, which was a little disappointing. There's no sign or anything, the trail just stops at a road. I guess I'm finished? Knowing I had to turn around, I wasn't exactly overcome with the satisfaction of completing the PCT. Besides, I wanted breakfast. Gantz was at the resort and we were soon joined by Reddy and Lenny for a final trail town feast. The still blue skies made it slightly easier to head back south and it was nice to see some of the amazing North Cascades scenery I missed yesterday. Got a wee bit more rain and a nice, windy last campsite below Woody Pass. Eighteen miles tomorrow and I'm done done. Yeah.

2 comments: