Monday, September 28, 2009

Yours to keep, absolutely free. Free. Free!

Weeks later...
Yeah, I lost all motivation to finish the journal. But it's done now.

2700 miles hiked.
110 days walking.
13 days doing nothing.
25 miles a day sort of...
Except that time I walked 50.
30 degrees Fahrenheit of sleeping bag (perfect).
20 brides trolled under.
17 battles with wind (all lost).
5 peaks bagged? (poor effort).
1 yellowjacket bite (sonofa).
1 tent eaten by ants.
1 bear (disappointing)
1 singing balloon.
1 ride in a police car.
1 time treating water (curses to you, guzzler).
0 Sasquatch (dammit!!).
0 mosquito's I hope to see in my remaining years.
Lost somewhere around 12 kilograms that I didn't know I had.
Sexy man legs, no arms left, awkward tan lines.
3.5 pairs of shoes, 12 pairs socks, 1 pair shorts with small hole, 1 shirt with a giant hole.
Not many showers.
12 hours of hitching.
Many periods of itching.
84,432,563,499 litres of ice-cream.
876,778 pizzas.
500 poptarts.
46 hours of nothing but Peanut M&M's.
3.5 pancakes.
2 massive failures.
1 thru. Done.

Best towns: Ashland, Sisters, Stehekin, Agua Dulce, Baring.

Best Pizza:
Stehekin Pastry Company
Vincenzo's, Agua Dulce
Papandreas, Sisters
Pacific Crest Pub and Hostel Cascade Locks
Pizza Factory

I've dropped at least 5,000 kilometres on foot since the beginning of November last year and more plane and car than I care to guess. Plenty more to go. Gabel is right- walking is still honest.
CDT 2010!

No comments: