Friday, August 6, 2010

Ah believe in uzz.

Day FortyOne, 28 July, 26 Miles
At Mile 837, Poptart 262/1000
Ha, no sooner do I praise the new CDT...
Plenty of disappearing trail this morning. Usually happens in meadows. Good trail, faint trail, wait where's the trail, over there's the trail?
But still.
It is fun in a frustrating kind of way. Wouldn't change it for anything.
I have three blisters. Foolishly I had visions of a blister free CDT. Oh well.
Had a tough time finding a much needed spring after lunch, we had walked past it, so the three GPS's in our group told us. I ran, crashed and scratched my way back to a moist spot I had stood on earlier and thought little of. Sure enough, just below, a trickle of precious. Montana threw it's rage at us as we climbed up, up to 9700 but the storm passed and the evening light. Oh, if only you could of been there with us, eating on that ridge. It's real.

No comments: