Friday, August 6, 2010

Life in the undergrowth.

Day FortyThree, 30 July, 22 Miles
At Mile 884, Poptart 290/1000
Dragged ass getting out of town, myself and DnA were last. Not before subway and a half gallon. Which was very important. The 38 mile one item resupply was about to commence. Hawkeye had started it after I told him about my peanut M&M good times from last year and we had three others in on it. I was doing poptarts, Hawkeye Peanut M&M's, Kombucha Carnations, Anna Chex Mix and Joker Pringles. I love this group. Massive respect to all.
Leaving Macks Inn was straight up road walk. Highway to paved road to forest road, to closed road to abandoned road with berms. Cursed, unnecessary, frustrating berms. Really cool to see Sage again. Going the other way again. Had a huge sunset that lasted over an hour. Got the evening salt cravings, but I know how to deal with it. Made it to the Yellowstone Park boundary and spotted some headlamps. Ten thru-hikers camped illegally in the National Park, sleeping with their food after recent bear maulings. Oh yer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude man,

3 day, 1 meal challenge is about to commence. You know the drill. Etna to Seiad Valley. Sausage, cheese, and tortillas. (I bought 6 lbs of each today!) What you got?

Keep kicking it,
ShitMonkey