Friday, August 6, 2010

Thrift. Store. Sweater.

Day FortyTwo, 29 July, 25 Miles
At Mile 862, Poptart 274/1000
Windy night. And condensation. How does that even happen? Especially with my tarp almost always being dry even when camped in a meadow. Finally, Iceaxe appeared around a bend, and was as happy as I knew he would be. Must of talked for two hours. Really good to see him again as he was one of the few people I hiked with after Yosemite last year. Ran some of the trail to catch up with everyone by lunch. Hot, horsefly-hell afternoon, spent valley bashing up Hell Roaring Creek. Hell indeed. Signed the register at it's spring fed source, apparently the Missouri/Mississippi's remotest source. Respect to Joker for trapping a horsefly in the register bottle. Oh sweet revenge. Still no idea where the trail was even when I hit what I assumed was the divide. Waved goodbye to Montana and headed for the antennae topped Sawtelle Peak where I knew I would eventually hit something useful. Came across a trail and hit the road a couple of minutes ahead of RT, Myke, Lost, DnA and Found who'd taken a 'scenic' route. Road walking is way more fun with other people and then Lost's mum, Lorry, appeared with water and cookies. Wonderful. Got down to Sawtelle and met up with the rest of our herd for dinner. Got wiped out by a HGL.

No comments: