Friday, August 20, 2010

Let me tell you a little about my friend Red Lake 40.

Day FiftyFive, August 11, 25 Miles
At Mile 1115, Poptart 387/1000
Rained just as I decided it was time for me to get up and stopped as soon as we had packed up. Chuz. It was to be a cloudddy day. On the way up Lester Pass I was confused by a pack of GoLite Jam sporting individuals charging down towards. They were a ultra friendly UltraLite NOLS group, and apparently the rest of our herd was on the other side of the pass. We soon spotted RT, Myke, Joker, Hawkeye, Kombucha and Stretch below. No Rock Steady... hope he's alive. We saw the bottom of Tourist Creek yesterday and it looked way worse than Pixley. Turns out they'd had an equally slow day, including a mile-and-a-half of blowdown hell, coming down Clear Creek.
I love the fluidity of this group, we expand and compress and go all different directions yet always end up together again. Up and down day but this place is magic. Mountains and lakes and all that fun stuff. Loads of people too. I swam in Sapphire Lake, it was cold. Before I was dry we stopped for dinner. Which was disgusting and ruined food for me for a day.

No comments: