Friday, August 6, 2010

I never told the truth, how could I tell a lie?

Day Forty, 27 July, 21 Miles
At Mile 811, Poptart 252/1000 (quarter yer!)
DnA cooked us breakfast, someone from the motel got us back up to the trail. Much love and thanks to the Mountain View in Lima. Explored the Monida junkyard some more, assisted by the resident worm-dog. Mostly road, easy climbing and perfectly hot. These new shoes are working their New Balance magic and repairing my feet. I can feel it. Not really. Back to our crew of nine, dinnered and moved on. Stopped to chat with a trail crew, another section being improved. The CDT is most definitely not the vague, easily lost, disappearing 'trail' it was even five years ago. Don't let the fear of being off-trail keep you away from it. It rarely happens and when it does it's usually by choice and way fun.
I have a new shirt. It's stripy and wonderful.

CDT SOBO 2010 HERD: DnA (The Candyman and Queen Frostine), Lost, Rock Steady, Joker, Hawkeye and Kombucha, Rolling Thunder, Myke, Found and HEAPSnz The Dandy Lion.
Most of them are on trailjournals.com and are better writers than I be.

No comments: