Thursday, June 24, 2010

Everything that was wet dries. Man.

Day Five, 22 June, 21 miles
At Mile 91.5, Poptart 22/1000
Got a nice early start on a clear morning. Easy going up to Pitamakan Pass and even easier going down to Two Medicine. Hit up the campstore and decided to follow Whitefish’s plan to go past East Glacier tomorrow and hike out to Marias Pass. This cuts 15 miles of the next section which for me was going to be as many as 180 miles as I’m skipping the Benchmark Ranch/Augusta resupply. So probably a good idea. Very hot, very exposed climb out of two Medicine up to Scenic Point. Nice view of the divide to the west and the prairies to the east (feat. A Storm). Left Glacier National Park so can camp wherever we so desire. And boy did we. Sleeping with my food, in Grizzly land. Just the way I likes it. I’ve got my bear rock pile.

No comments: