Thursday, June 24, 2010

Prelude sha-na-na na-na

17 June
Getting from Calgary to Waterton proved to be quite a difficult wee sojourn. Three awkwardly timed Greyhounds, too much rain and no sleep got me to Pincher Creek at 2am. With no idea what to do until daylight a very drunk, recently layed-off Oil Patch worker came stumbling around a corner and ended up offering me a place to crash. Hoping he would remember who I was in the morning, I accepted. Pretty easy hitch to Waterton the next morning but it took three rides and I got well soaked. The park folk were beyond helpful and set me up with a permit for Glacier National Park (awkwardly placed designated campsites, watch a Bear Safety Video, all the fun stuff). Got the shuttle down to East Glacier which was nice and it's stopped raining. East Glacier store is cheaper than the Safeway in Downtown Calgary. Go figure. Penn is coming with me again. He's very happy about that.

No comments: