Thursday, June 24, 2010

I think I need to eat more Poptarts. It’s getting away from me already.

Day Six, 23 June, 16 miles
At Mile 107.5, Poptart 24/1000
Another early start and very dewy morning. The trail goes into and back out of East Glacier in a pretty tight U so I cut down due south with the hope of finding the trail again and saving myself a couple of pointless miles. Worked out pretty well, there was a flagged trail part way then some open forest, a steep down and out ford and reappeared on the trail that follows the park boundary until I intersected the CDT. That was easy. Saw a bear finally, it saw me first actually. A small, brown, black bear. We watched each other for a while before it disappeared somewhere. The trail to Marias Pass was standard forest/mud fare. Took forty minutes to get a hitch down to East Glacier. East Glacier is still awesome. Everyone is here plus Stretch and Tank. Serrano’s Hostel + Mexican Restaurant I cannot speak highly enough of. The Chipotle Chicken Nachos destroyed me. Amazing and massive.

No comments: