Sunday, October 17, 2010

But I want a regular banana later. So, yeah.

Day OneOhEight, October 3, 25 Miles
At Mile 2123, Poptart 796/1000
Left pretty early, passed through the awkward and unfriendly visitors centre and museum at the highway and roaded to the canyon of the Rio Chama. Which I was a little disappointed by, but expectations and all that. Climbing, into a storm and past our first rattlesnake, a juvenile that had no rattles yet. Carrying three litres of water. As late afternoon rolled along I started feeling less than ok. By the time we set up I was shivering and crashed. Unfortunately the weather forced me to set up my tarp for the first time in eleven days dangnit. Fell asleep the second I got into my bag until my own snoring woke me up an hour later (which leads me to believe it would be impossible for me to snore regularly). Fell back asleep and awoke a little before eleven, forced some food and slept away the bad feelings.

No comments: