Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kings and compromises.

Day OneTwenty, October 15, 0 Miles
At Mile 2344, Poptart 834/1000
Myself, RT and DIY half packed this morning, I swear. We had to check out the Pie-O-Neer ( http://www.pie-o-neer.com/ ), the other Pie restaurant in Pie Town. And very glad we did, it's a really cool little cafe and Kathy is one of the greatest people in the world. The best pie I've ever eaten, anywhere. No doubt. I officially retracted my "pie is just pie" statement. It's always nice being welcomed and Pie Town has been perhaps the most welcoming town on any trail I've ever hiked. A little too welcoming even...
"You know, we don't really need to leave today..." RT mentioned.
And that was that, another zero. Another afternoon of chilling on the porch, drinking and eating. Found some burgers in the back of the freezer and had some makeshift bagel burgers. Which even featured tinned beetroot, in true Kiwi style. RT and I were all over it, DIY was somewhat skeptical. Americans...

No comments: