Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh, I missed it? Perfect!

Day OneTwentyThree, October 18, 16 Miles
At Mile 2400, Poptart 856/1000
MY RED PEN THAT ALMOST MADE TWO THRU-HIKES DIED. THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS. SO CLOSE!!
Pretty sick of hitching, glad there is only one more town left that needs to be hitched into. Took two rides, both were awesome. So again I am conflicted in my feelings about hitch-hiking. Curses. Managed to cash some travellers cheques in town so I have money again.
That windmill and it's usually reliable tank were bone dry. Luckily RT and myself weren't counting on it. Easy road walking and some brand new trail, which was loverly. Easy climb up Wagontounge Mountain then cairn-following and a leisurely stroll through a trackless canyon floor.
Found the cabins and the "oily" spring. The cabins were both in good shape, one would have been nice to sleep in 'cept for the rodent crap and the fact that it creeped me out. A lot. The oily spring was oily. But I pulled and drank anyway 'cause my stomach lets me. Really not that bad. The moon is full and bright. Cooked for the first time in I can't remember and sleeping outside for only the second time in a week.

No comments: