Monday, August 3, 2009

Always fun!..

DAY EIGHTY-TWO, July 30, 30.4 Miles
At mile 1655.6
Seems the fire I neglected to mention I saw yesterday was nothing more than a controlled burn-off. I slept with the exaggerated fear of waking up surrounded by flames for nothing. Got started late, no hurry today. Not that MM's help matters much, I get about half an hour on these things then need to sit down, especially on the uphills. Thankfully, most of the day was down. The downside to all that down, down, with my down sleeping bag. Down. Point is, it was about twenty degrees hotter (that's Fahrenheit degrees, sorry) and at least 50% higher humidity by the time I got to the valley floor in the late afternoon. Hot. Had two half hour breaks in the last six miles because I felt horrible. A full day on nothing but Peanut MM's, a dream of many, is not so much fun. Not seeing anybody at the moment. Big story of the day: the roll of toilet paper I purchased in India (sometime mid-January) has finally been exhausted. And to think, at the time I thought it was a rip-off.

No comments: