Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mankinds Inalienable Rights.

DAY NINETY-NINE, August 16, 35.9 Miles
At mile 2107.6
Easy, quiet morning, loads of horsey folk around. Took a long time too warm up, summer is ending and I'm getting further north. Up, up, up all afternoon to Timberline Lodge, a ski resort on Mt Hood, open year round (I think?). Pretty busy up here, but no thru-hikers around. Huge sunset right now.

I love when people warn me about Bears and Cougars. It's somewhat wasted "advice", considering. Like the woman in Seiad who told me I was going to get attacked, then mentioned that if I got hungry I could kill and eat a bear. With what? My mosquito net and spork? Come on. The knife I carry is dangerous to little more than fruit and cheese. Then the two I came across today, something disturbing about a seven year old kid carrying a gun, telling me about Cougars with a murderous look in his eye (I actually can't remember if he was carrying, but the man sure was. But there definitely was hatred in his voice).

No comments: