Monday, August 31, 2009

Well, they probably did...

DAY ONE-OH-THREE, August 20, 12.3 Miles
At mile 2167.3
Found it pretty difficult to drag myself away from the comforts of Cascade Locks. Actually, if I had the time again I may have hitched up to Hood River, as Cascade didn't quite fill all my needs. Really good pizza though, and the friendliest library in the world, all the Brett Favre news has left me excited for football season, apparently. As I currently very much regret, I simply could not bring myself to buy five days worth of food in the form of cheese and pop-tarts, and as I've sent food to the remaining resupply points, the one-meal challenge shall remain unattempted (is that a fail? is that a word??). Left the lowest point on the PCT, crossed the amazing Bridge Of The Gods over the Columbia River and entered Washington. Basically up, of course, and as seems to be the way coming out of towns, pretty well disinterested in everything. Wandering in and out of nice views of Hood and apparently the upcoming Mt Adams (I don't remember, but I wrote it down...) I caught up to Unbreakable and No Trace, chatted and about half a mile later we camped together, the first time in a while I've camped with other thru-hikers.

No comments: