Monday, August 3, 2009

The daytime... of the night!

DAY EIGHTY-ONE, July 29, 18.9 Miles
At mile 1625.2
I am fairly certain that the 29th of July, 2009 was part of a CIA experiment to see if people notice when a 24 hour day is, in fact 34 hours long. No? Today was all awkward, long and disjointed anyway. Got my last remaining town chores done, which included a sad (it really was) farewell to my battered, 1100 mile old New Balance 812's. They were good to me, and could have gone further. Back to the 904's and their infinity symbol print that sticks out on the trail like a sponge at a rag convention (!!). An hour after first sticking out my still purple thumb, with my shade disappearing very quickly, I got a ride up to Etna Summit (seems nobody goes up there) from Eric The Red's Mum. Ambled along most of the afternoon, quite disinterested. Rain, hail, thunder, hail, hail, hail, rain, Yellowjacket sting (oh! how so very much painful. Schmidt Sting Pain Index, you are either very wrong, or very, very frightening), stumble, mutter, hike, hike, hike. Climbed up to a notchy pass, decided I'd rather rock climb for a while, and was rewarded with quite a view. The Marble Mountain Wilderness is very beautiful. Day one of the Peanut MM challenge, kind of feel like something savoury already, oh no.

He realised now, that it was completely lacking in cohesion and sense. And was hardly informative. He smiled.

No comments: