Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hands.

DAY NINETY-ONE, August 8, 18.3 Miles
At mile 1843.7
Quickest five miles I've ever hiked into Crater Lake's Mazama Village. Breakfast Buffet was the plan, and oh how I got my moneys worth. Five heaped plates of bacon, egg, ham, fruit, sausage, french toast, pastries and yogurt. Outstanding. Picked up my box, maybe a 177 mile resupply wasn't the best idea, that plus 25 miles of water makes for a heavy pack. Hiked Crater Lake with Wild Child, being a Saturday the lake was ultra busy, but if it isn't the most beautiful place... It's so blue, a blue you've never seen before, it's almost overwhelming. 1932 feet deep, the deepest lake in America and seventh in the world, it was formed in the aftermath of the apparently massive eruption of Mt Mazama. Wizard Island, a small volcano in the lake is so awesome looking and probably where I could hermit out my days. The trail around the lake is awful, but so so worth it. Mosquito's have made a reappearance in a big way. Dang. Great day.

No comments: