Sunday, May 24, 2009

Loppers.

DAY TEN, May 19, 15 Miles
At mile 166.3
Spent the morning in Idyllwild, the wonderful David provides transportation for hikers back to the trail, so went back to the highway with George, Buster and Bluebird. It's been a little cooler the last couple of days although it is rather windy. Very windy in fact. We are in trees now, which is a nice change, and there are some outstanding views from the ridge tops and passes we're crossing. Plenty of up (2000ft) and down (1000ft) but PCT switchbacks make it really easy going, especially compared to the DOCNZ straight up and down I'm so familiar with. Started today with six days of food and five litres of water so pack is ultra laden. On the plus side my clothes are CLEAN. Every time I blow my nose with my CLEAN hanky, it smells amazing. Camped down near a rather disappointing spring. Not before I almost stood on snake though.

No comments: