Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Around the world in...

DAY EIGHTY, July 28, 0 Miles
At mile 1606.3
Everyone kind of left me this morning, I'm the only hiker here for the night. It has been nice spending time on my own, yet still surrounded by people and with plenty to keep me occupied other than my same tired thoughts. Some new thoughts to stimulate me for the next few days. As much internet as I need (so here I am, right now, with my journal the most up-to-date it's ever been) and an extensive library of books and magazines I could waste days on. Did some town chores, but mostly wasted the day away wonderfully. Once again, this place is wonderful, hikers are given the games room space as practically their own and there's such a friendly, positive and casual atmosphere amongst these people who have such selfless hearts (http://www.cctg.org/). Looking forward to getting back on trail at some point tomorrow (getting out of town seems as difficult as getting in was), not looking forward to 54 miles of peanut MM's. Hopefully I have enough, actually, 1.8kg may be far too much.

No comments: