Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hey, yo, Adam. What's up? This is Mix Master Mike.

Day Eight, 25 June, 18.5 Miles
At Mile 126, Poptart 26/1000
I'm calling from Sacramento. Uh, I've been wanting to hook up with... I mean what? Oh, yeah. East Glacier. So hard to drag myself away from that place. Super friendly, surprisingly cheap and everywhere we ate served massive portions. Perfection. Montana is awesome all over. It was nice to spend time hanging in a town with a big group of other hikers, not sure if/when that will happen again on this trail. Got a generous eight day supply of poptarts and all that good stuff to get me to Lincoln before the Fourth July weekend. No Benchmark for me, almost everyone else has sent a box to the ranch there (about 2/3 into a long road less stretch). Took five minutes to get a hitch up to Marias Pass where I might have been wandering around a while if not for Macon Tracks and Not Yet lunching near the secret trail head. Heard all bad about the trail conditions at least for the first couple days, it was the exact opposite. Beautiful tread through muddy forest. Ate some pizza. Hells yes. Came over raining a bit and I was annoyed but it really wasn't that bad and didn't last long. Not expecting to see anyone I spied a food bag hanging in a tree, then saw Lake beside his tent and that was a pretty good reason to stop. And stop I did. Yer. Back to tarp stylin' tonight. My turntable's through a wah wah pedal.

No comments: