Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh. That water thing. I remember you.

Day Fifteen, 2 July, 7 Miles
At Mile 267.5, Poptart 66/1000
Rushed about this morning, trying to get everything sorted. Having to print maps as I go along is already becoming a hassle. Kevin and Louanne at the Three Bears Motel were a massive help and are likely to become a big part of the CDT community. The Post Office in town has a CDT register started in 1977 which I could have spent hours reading. Saw Not Yet, Macon Tracks' foot is still all swollen unfortunately. Had lunch together, a typically huge Montanan lunch. Missed the hand-of-god Uruguay goal by a couple of minutes I guess. Dang. Kevin drove me back up to the Pass and switchbacks took me back high up on the divide where I promptly ran into Lake. Hiked a couple of hours in the wind, camped amongst wildflowers in a sheltered corner. Out of Grizzly country apparently, not that it makes a difference. Got that clean hanky smell every time I blow my nose. SO much better than blood and sweat.

No comments: