Friday, July 16, 2010

Some sunny day. We'll meAt again.

Day TwentyThree, 10 July, 31 Miles
At Mile 471, Poptart 136/1000
Some guy was working ALL NIGHT on some sort of excavator/dozer in what I assume is a mine of some sort just up the hill from where I camped. Great. There's mines and prospects everywhere, some still paying off apparently. Forever passing old miners cabins which was cool but the novelty wore off quick. Pretty sloggy, mostly roaded walk down to re-cross I15. Got dumped on hard by a earlier-than-usual afternoon storm (1pm, as I was attempting to enjoy lunch). Started raining, then raining more, then RAINING, then hail, then the trail became a creek, then the sun came out. Bit more of a rumble but the trail took me away form the next storm only to lead me into the rain that followed it. The sort of rain that looks like it might be around for a day or twelve. Eventually cleared though. Took the official route that nobody else does. Could have placed my tarp better, looks like it might rain again. Christmas carols have randomly been appearing in my head. Who knows how that brain works up there.
Did pass one of our makeshift trail registers earlier, twelve or so only a day ahead so might be in the CDT 'herd' soon.

No comments: