Friday, July 2, 2010

Jim Ward.

Day Fourteen, 1 July, 8 Miles
At Mile 260.5, Poptart 62/1000
Slow up and down to the highway, the four of us got a quick hitch into Lincoln. Apparently it's perfectly acceptable in this state to ride in the back of a pickup down the highway. I love Montana. Lincoln is awesome. Three Bears Motel is the best. Town chores suck and I never have enough time and don't get things done (like DWR'ing my crappy jacket and pack cover cause they wet through instantly). Looks like I'm stuck in a awkward hitting-towns-on-weekends rut for the next three weeks unless I slow down or haul ass. Guess which one I picked? Missed a group of five by a couple of hours, might see them out of Helena.
Decided on the Butte route then across to the Montana/Idaho border run.

No comments: