Monday, July 26, 2010

New socks, old socks, whatever.

Day ThirtyOne, 18 July, 30 Miles
At Mile 620, Poptart 198/1000
Chipmunks and squirrels welcomed my second month on trail by dropping all sorts onto my tarp from the trees above. That's what happens when you sleep in on the CDT man. Nice tread, no CDT markers. Ups and downs in beautiful forest that hasn't been burnt or beetle infested. A rare treat indeed. Another surprise area that we're definitely made to work for under the hot sun. Which I love. Enjoyed a morning break in a cabin that wasn't falling over. Another rare treat. Getting used to drinking out of a 1L Gatorade bottle while walking (try it, it's really difficult to not drown) and sleeping in my bug bivy (I'm usually not claustrophobic but far oot). Camped a wee bit above Little Lake, take it James R: "what a superb wilderness setting, the sparkling water cradled beneath an unspoiled towering summit!" Cheers.

No comments: