Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Red. Neck.

Day OneTwentySix, October 21, 13 Miles
At Mile 2463, Poptart 890/1000
Cold night, very moist. You know what that means. Frozen sleeping bag and a layer of frost on everything. Probably should start using my tarp as it reduces the condensation I get on my stuff when I sleep out. Better yet, New Mexico could just be dry like it's supposed to...
Not ready to ford. Too cold. Being deep in the canyon, the sun didn't ever really appear today. Thanks 200-foot cliffs and clouds. Geez. Every time I approached comfortable warmth the trail led me through the frigid water. As the river and trail continued their meander down the narrow canyon we met regularly. You get used to it. And as the day passed the water became pleasantly warm. It's spectacularly beautiful down here, the massive walls towering above prove mightily distracting and I stumbled frequently. Made it to Jordan Hotsprings about 3:30, just as it started to rain. Managed to set up before it got to heavy, not that the tarp offered much protection against a particularly heavy down poor. Splash, splash, splash. Spent the evening in the clear, warm spring pool. Splendid.
Now I'm all warm and dry.
First time under my tarp in two weeks...
LEY TRIPLE!!!! Finally... (three days on the same map, has been a 'challenge' of mine for a while).
Choice.

No comments: