Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And that is why you don't do that here.

DAY SEVENTY-THREE, July 21, 33.2 Miles
At mile 1444.3
Got into Burney Falls in great time, gorged and topped up my food enough to get me to Etna. With chocolate. You know, that stuff that melts (milts) in the hot, hot, hot sun. I was the only thru-hiker there and it's a pretty touristy spot because the Burney Falls are incredible. Point is, I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was homeless, which I kind of am, but that's not the point. I loudly asked for the PCT REGISTER, but still, homeless stares. Still a distinct lack of water in many parts around here. 10, 12, 15 miles without is fairly common. And yet I still managed to drop the thru-camera in Rock Creek. I know. Of all the times and all the things to drop. A camera that doesn't belong to me. Massive sigh. I'm fairly certain it's screwed completely, hopefully the memory card isn't. Now, what to do about this.

No comments: