Thursday, July 16, 2009

Turn your ships around.

DAY FIFTY-TWO, June 30, 17 Miles
At mile 942.7
Got some very solid sleep last night, and I felt wonderful this morning. Magic. Plenty of Coyotes going nuts as Todd and I climbed up to Donahue Pass, the last time the trail is above 11,000ft and our entry point into Yosemite National Park. There's hardly any pain in my ankle unless I really stretch it out, no idea what that was about, but very glad it's all but disappeared. Very flat and wee bit rainy into Tuolumne Meadows. Fair number of JMT hikers heading south and a bunch of PCT'ers at the Tuolumne store. My bounce box has returned to me, and I'm now on the second of the three guidebooks, progress. Todd left for his wedding, that's the end of us I guess, mere moments later Shit Monkey arrived, followed by Hamburgerass. Had a great afternoon attempting (but failing) to take down the stores supply of It's Its (ice-cream sandwich's), followed by a great night with Shit Monkey, Hamburgerass, Gabe, Carlos and Willie.

No comments: