Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Go the back way, you know you're not allowed in here.

DAY SEVENTY, July18, 21.1 Miles
At mile 1377.7
Got an early start and cruised into Old Station about midday. Which was easy because it was so flat, viewless and boring, what a waste of a trail through beautiful Lassen National Park that was. Old Station is the home of the amazing Firefly and Firewalker at Hiker Hideaway. Another of the wonderful Trail Angels that make this trail such a pleasure. Not too many hikers here at the moment, I guess I really did pass 250 thru-hikers and hardly saw any of them, oh well. Shit Monkey has left on his quest, I don't think I'm going make either Ashland or Etna in time, so I won't be seeing any more of him on the trail which sucks as he's been an awesome hiking companion.

No comments: