Sunday, July 19, 2009

"A!" He'd say, then "B", "C" would usually follow...

DAY SIXTY-SIX, July 14, 33.7 Miles
At mile 1295.5
Wind picked up loads last night, all dusty in my tent dangnit. Cruisy morning, hitting some long waterless stretches at the moment. It's even a little worse than SoCal, especially because I'm a little blase about them and really should carry more. Starting to see more thru-hikers again, there's this accordion effect around towns as hikers compress together. Very hot afternoon, about the hottest I've had so far, very overgrown trail and a long, fairly steep descent into Beldon. Pretty horrible. Apparently I have to be on the watch for Poison Oak. I either do not react to it, or there hasn't been any, all good. I got one of my Nepali flushes on the way down, almost passed out. Had some Dr Pepper and ice-cream at Beldon Resort and felt a lot better. Climb out was pretty rough as well, camped at the filthy former Williams Cabin site. I believe that is officially the end of the Sierra Nevada Range.

No comments: