Thursday, July 16, 2009

The day the what did where?

DAY FIFTY-ONE, June 29, 26.4 Miles
At mile 925.7
Got down to Reds Meadows pretty comfortably, although I had to warm up my ankle. Had a nice breakfast, some ice-cream and a super fantastic one day resupply. There are a bunch of day walks and their walkers around, Devils Postpile and Minaret Falls in particular, so plenty of people around. Left the John Muir Trail (temporarily), it splits of the PCT for the next (can't remember) miles and I want to stick with the PCT. Started feeling very tired and very sore on the long sidley climb after lunch. Gabe and Carlos (The Runners) caught up with me and I tagged behind them chatting for about a half hour, which was pleasantly distracting. Pretty well died after that, thanks to Todd for keeping an eye on me and camping early. Perhaps it's my diet? Maybe I'm pushing too hard, should probably get myself into Mammoth Lakes tomorrow to rest.

No comments: