Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Take it and run.

DAY SEVENTY-FIVE, July 23, 25.7 Miles
At mile 1501.7
So my ankle is fine. Magic. Got a late start, due to me only having to go 25 miles today, easy going but I was slow. Wee bit more climbing than in recent days. I'm getting a bit sick of my own brain, if ever a random thought comes into my head I end up spending an hour on it. Like the time I tried to, and almost succeed in, remembering every campsite of the hike so far. Better than thinking about the same things again. Bit of Poison Oak around, I've either been very lucky and not brushed against any or I don't react. Either way it's not actually as prevalent as certain people make it out to be. Predictably inefficient trail this afternoon, apparently the old route took an hour to the Interstate where it now takes three. Then again, it was the guidebook telling me this. I really don't mind anyway. And you get some outstanding views of Shasta and Castle Crags. Made camp ultra early and was a little bored on my own.

1500 MILES!
Getting there...

No comments: