Thursday, July 16, 2009

Smokey The Bear? What's that got to do with... Oh, I see...

DAY FIFTY-FOUR, July 2, 25.8 Miles
At mile 986.1
Last night's dinner went straight through me. Horrible. You may think that you didn't need to know that piece of information, but it is important. All will reveal itself. Saw a bear, the first, about a half mile from camp. A brown Black Bear (yes, a brown Black Bear, I know what I'm talking about), it was stretching or doing yoga. Preparing for a long day of thieving pic-i-nic baskets. Quite the up down day. Up 200ft, down 1200, up 1600, down 2600, up 1600, down 1300, up 800, down 1000, up 1200, down 500. Yeah, it was horrible. And the mosquito's. Even when I'm walk-running they still catch and attack me, crazy. Had a waste of a side-trip to Benson Lake. Pretty awful campsite, when I put up my tent, it smelled like last nights dinner, which Shit Monkey complimented, until I told him why it smelled like last nights dinner. Outstanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's funny...